Stained concrete flooring really offers the best of all worlds: They are beautiful, durable, environmentally friendly and promote healthy indoor air quality, with little to no maintenance. They not only bring relief to allergy sufferers and prevent the adverse health reactions that can occur from other flooring options, but they also provide unique design options by combine colors and techniques that simply are not possible with other types of flooring.
- Protect Your Health- Improve your air quality! Stained concrete flooring offers relief for allergy sufferers. It’s a proven fact that carpet can house millions of dust mites, pounds of dust and hair, as well as fungus and mold. Carpet also releases chemical fumes and gases into the air that affect your health. Although a better choice than carpet, even wood floors have a high level of formaldehyde and release VOCs into the air. Stained concrete, especially water based stained concrete, promotes healthy indoor air. It provides a completely smooth surface with no hiding places to harbor bacteria, dust, or unwanted pests. It contains no formaldehyde,repels water and will not encourage the growth of mold. New water based concrete stains are low or no odor for those who are especially sensitive to any fumes during the application process.
- The Environment- Stained concrete is a green choice because it is slow to heat up and slow to cool down. It typically maintains a persistent temperature, which promotes lower utility bills. Also, since your foundation is already THERE, you are not cutting down trees or buying products such as carpet or engineered wood, which require a large amount of energy to manufacture. Also, concrete is there forever. You will not be pulling it up and throwing it in the landfill later as you eventually will have to do with a wood, tile and carpet, when it reaches the end of its life.
- Durability- Few materials are as durable as concrete. Carpet has a short life span and is expensive (not to mention a burden) over the years to replace over and over again. Wood can fade, scratch, chip, and the finish must be maintained over the years. Tile floors can break, crack, or chip as well and be difficult to replace. Carpet, wood and tile can all grow mold underneath the flooring. Your investment in durable stained concrete flooring will give you the most value for your money since it can last a lifetime.
- Easy on the Budget- Since you will not have to replace the concrete again and the stain can last a lifetime, you save money in the long run. Even up front, for new construction, the cost of stained concrete flooring is about half the cost of hardwood floors.
- Easy to Maintain- Just sweep and use a damp mop. There is nowhere for the dust and dirt to hide. No need for chemicals or harsh cleaning products.
- Beautiful and Diverse- You can enjoy the look of marble or stone or a rich, leathery appearance. Perhaps you have an urban loft and prefer a more ultra modern solid bold color. The possibilities are limited only by your creativity. Choose any color and any effect. Get rid of ugly carpet and outdated flooring. Upgrade your home with beautiful stained concrete flooring and add to the value of your home!
Stained concrete flooring has many benefits. But it’s only as good as the company that you hire to create the effect. The floor must be properly evaluated, prepared and treated even before the work begins. Depending on the effect you desire, a specific technique must be employed using special tools and specific products. Our qualified and highly skilled concrete flooring specialists have the product knowledge, the years of experience and training, and the tools and equipment to create your masterpiece.