Let’s first address an elephant in this digital “room” – we aren’t the only concrete contractor servicing San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbra, and Monterey Counties. We know that and we’re OK with it. Why? Because everyone has their own criterion for selecting someone they consider to be the “best;” it’s impossible for us to be the best concrete contractor in San Luis Obispo County for everyone. Maybe someone doesn’t like blue trucks because they got in an accident with one as a teenager. We’d be out of the running immediately. But idiosyncrasies aside, there are a few ways to choose the best concrete contractor for your job that we would like to share them with you.
- They return your phone call. Nearly all contractors in San Luis Obispo County seem to have a problem picking up the phone anymore. They may be highly recommended by your friend or neighbor, but if they aren’t responsible enough to call you back to bring you on as a new customer, are they going to call you back when you have a problem and need help?
- They have reviews and/or references to share with you. These days, anyone can (and does) have a website. So owning a website does not make a concrete contractor a legitimate business. Make sure you can read recommendations or talk to a reference or two before you commit. It’s also a good idea to run an Internet search of the concrete contractor’s name (and/or company name) with the word “reviews” and make sure there aren’t other reviews out there they didn’t want you to see.
- They provide a transparent estimate. Not everyone provides a free estimate as some estimates can take 4-5 hours to prepare (especially if there is a long drive involved), but an estimate should clearly identify where your money is going.
- You can see samples of their work. Most portfolios are online now, and there are usually even more images on Facebook. Ask where you can find some samples of their work and make sure you like what you see.
- Ask them questions over the phone or in person. This is my personal favorite – by asking questions on the spot, you’ll get a feel for their personality. You aren’t just giving this concrete contractor a lot of money, you’re also going to be spending a lot of time around them and their team. Do they laugh? Are they friendly? Chances are, they have hired people that are also fun and friendly. If they are more dry and direct, you can expect a team that keeps their noses down and on task, but may feel a little cold at times. Choosing a personality is a personal decision, but make sure it’s on your list of qualifications when selecting the best concrete contractor for you. Mike is certainly one of the fun concrete contractors of San Luis Obispo County.
As for Pristine Concrete, we will return your call as soon as we possibly can and will often provide the owner’s cell phone number to clients to make sure you get the service you need. Our reviews are on our website and all over the Internet – all positive. We always provide a transparent estimate and we’re currently working on incorporating better software to give you an even easier to read estimate. And we take great pride in the beauty of our work, so you’ll find pictures of it everywhere – our website, Facebook Page, Google+ Page, and more. We would love to talk to you. Fill out our estimate request form on our website or Give us a call at 805-237-9221!